Brand Council South Africa announces Keynote Speakers for Sustainability Conference in October15 September 2016
The Brand Council South Africa (BCSA) is proud to present a hard hitting, thought provoking day unpacking a few of the most significant issue facing our industry and country at the moment.
“The future of brands in South Africa lies in our ability to transform. It’s not just about people, it’s about building businesses and brands better for the future. Intellectually, creatively, operationally, in fact whole eco-systems need to change to survive.” says Leigh-Anne Acquisto, BCSA Chairperson
Keynote speakers will include:
- Claire Janisch, founder and strategist for BiomimicrySA. Clairetranslates nature’s blueprints, recipes and principles for the design of new products, processes & systems. She has worked locally and globally initiating biomimicry projects – one of which was a finalist in the European Greentech Awards in 2014. Claire was selected in the Mail & Guardian's 200 young South Africans in 2009, 2010 & 2011 and was a finalist in the Most Influential Women in Business & Government awards in 2012
- Donald Liphoko, Director General GCIS. Donald was formerly strategic planning manager for commercial airtime sales at the South African Broadcasting Corporation. He co-authored the South African TV Guide for Marketers, and worked with blue-chip brands in several industries. He has written extensively about the local advertising industry, focusing on media strategy, and serves on the Vega, The School of Brand Leadership regional advisory council.
- Elouise Kelly, Head of Marketing for SABC. Elouise has worked at media companies locally and abroad. As a Branding and Business Strategist, she has revamped content for TV channels, launched brands and successfully helped companies meet business objectives through succinct marketing strategies.
- Hugh Fraser, Architect and currently Media Manager for the Paragon Group. Hugh practiced as an architect for 20 years and travelled to record the built environment in over 80 countries (that wasn’t great for his carbon footprint). He also worked for the Cement and Concrete Institute and Glass South Africa. He has a healthy jaundiced opinion on what we are actually doing that is green in architecture.
- Hylton Kallner, CEO Discovery Life. Hylton graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with a BEconSc in Actuarial Science. In 2000, he was admitted as a Fellow of the Faculty of Actuaries and a Fellow of the Actuarial Society of South Africa. Hylton joined Discovery in October 1996, and has held various positions, including that of Chief Marketing Officer
- Mary Jane Morifi, Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital. Mary-Jane is a former Executive Head of Corporate Affairs for a large Platinum mining Company. She joined the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust as a volunteer fundraiser in June 2014 and was so taken with the project and what it was trying to achieve she stayed. She is currently the Global Capital Campaign Lead.
The conference will also include a Transformation Round Table with leading players in the Industry including Mzamo Masito (Vodacom), Eloise Kelley (SABC) and David Wingfield (ABSA/Barclays). This session, will be facilitated by Ashraf Garda, presenter of the Sunday Morning Media@safm show which is the signature media and marketing show on national radio.
Date: 26TH October 2016
Place: The Venue, Melrose Arch, Johannesburg
Time: 09:00am – 17:00pm (08:00am registration)
BCSA Members R1 650 per ticket
Non-members R 2 000 per ticket
RSVP: Kim Hayter
Cell: 072 113 7597